Mission Statement: To strengthen and enhance the well-being of families and individuals throughout the life cycle, and to advocate for a community environment that nurtures family life and promotes social responsibility.
Family Service, Inc. is a private, not-for-profit agency providing services to families and individuals in our community since 1968. Serving Bartholomew County and the region, Family Service’s primary focus has always been family oriented with programs concentrating heavily on strengthening family functioning. Services provided through the seven programs at Family Service include:
● Counseling (Counseling for families, individuals, couples and groups)
● Child Abuse/Neglect Counseling (Counseling and supervised visitation)
● Social Service Consultation (Custody evaluations, contracted services, A+ and Safe at Home)
● Family Life Education (Common Sense Parenting, Anger Management, Teen Anger Management and Forever Parents classes)
Early Childhood Services
● Healthy Families (up to three years intensive support for Bartholomew County parents qualifying for the program)
● Caring Parents (education and support for parents in Bartholomew County who have a child under age 1, as well as Shaken Baby prevention)
● Child Abuse Prevention Council (including Kids on the Block)
Family Service, Inc. is a certified United Way of Bartholomew County agency.